Date(s) - 03/20/2015
7:30 am - 9:30 am
XNet Information Systems
Add event to your calendar
- This is an invitation only event. Seating is limited to about 12 people so register early if you want to attend
- Where – Xnet Information Systems, 3080 Ogden Avenue, Suite 303, Lisle
- Call or email me with questions – firstname.lastname@example.org or cell @ 630.788.0446
Speaker: Jeff McKay with Prudent Pedal
If we are not mindful, we get caught in the trap of thinking that everyone sees the world as we do. If they do not, then they must be irrational. We all define value differently. Stories play an important role in marketing, because buyers look for stories that complement the bigger story that they are already telling themselves about who they are and what they value. Buyers use the stories to reinforce their self-images–seeing, believing and buying the things that reinforce it. If you are going to be a great marketer, you have to know your market AND yourself. More importantly, you have to be able to tell the difference between the two.
- Define value.
- Talk about its importance
- Do an exercise to get the group thinking about their own businesses.
- Networking for 30 minutes
- Meeting kickoff
- Everyone gets a few minutes to discuss their target client and the top challenges/needs
- Speaker presents
This event is based upon getting a group of peers in a room to briefly discuss each of our current business challenges or needs. Think of it as a peer advisory group. The goal is to tell everyone your top 3 challenges and/or needs and to get input and feedback from the group. In the end, we create networking opportunities outside of the group to be connectors and advisors to each other. For me this leads to getting coffee individually to discuss the need/want in greater detail or allowing us to become connectors for each other.
This is not the kind of networking meeting where the goal is to sell stuff to the people in the room. Leave that at the door and enter with the goal of just plain helping others.
Each month the Speaker will present a topic for group discussion. This person will also be responsible for bringing in the coffee/food for the group.
Registration is closed for this event.
- Don Stephen
- John Fix
- Jeanne Busch
- Michael Cipriano